HMs, or Hidden Machines, have undergone a nice change in the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl games. Rather than something that can be taught to Pokémon, they are now disposable moves that are loaded into their PokéGear as well. They allow you to summon a wild Pokémon that will have the move you need to overcome environmental obstacles.
Below, you will find a list of HMs and how to get them:
- To cut - Players will receive Cuts after arriving in Eterna City and talking to Cynthia.
- demisting - Defog can be found at the Great Marsh Gate near Pastoria City by talking to the receptionist on the left. You will have to pay a nominal fee for this HM.
- Flying - You can earn Fly after visiting the Team Galaxy warehouse base in Veilstone City.
- Rock climbing - On Route 217, players will be able to find a snow storm. In this area, you can also find a cabin. Inside, talk to hikers. When you leave, there will be some objects in the snow and one of them will be the TM100 Rock Climb.
- Rock smash - This is found by visiting Oreburgh Gate. A hiker will give you the ride to the entrance. However, it's not usable until you beat the first gym.
- Force - Can be found at the top of the Lost Tower on Route 209.
- Surf - Found in Celestic City after defeating Team Galaxy in the Ruins. Look at the paintings on the walls and Cynthia's grandmother will come in and give you Surf.
- Cascata - For this, you have to beat Vokner, the eighth gym leader. After the battle, go to Sunyshore City beach and talk to Jasmine.