Heliolisk will join Pokémon Go after the Power Plant event during Heritage Season. You will need to capture its initial form, Elioptile, and then evolve it into its final form. If you plan on using this Pokémon in raids or PvP, be sure to teach it the best attacks at its disposal. In this guide, we cover the best moveset for teaching Heliolisk in Pokémon Go.
Heliolisk is a Electric and Normal type Pokémon. It will be weak against Fighting and Ground-types, but is resistant to Electric, Flying, Ghost, and Steel-type attacks. Heliolisk will be an interesting choice in Pokémon Go battles, but it only wins a handful of matches and falls short of many of the standard choices.
These are all the moves that Heliolisk can learn.
- Mud Slap (ground type) - 11 damage and 2,6 energy per turn (3,6 damage per turn) - 3 turns
- Quick Attack (Normal Type) - 5 damage and 2,5 energy per turn (3,5 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Volt Switch (Electric Type) - 12 damage and 4 energy per turn (3 damage per turn) - 4 turns
- Bulldoze (ground type) - 80 damage and 60 energy
- Grass Knot (Grass-type) - 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to reduce opponent defense by one degree)
- Parabolic Charge (Electric Type) - 65 damage and 55 energy
- Lightning Bolt (Electric Type) - 90 damage and 55 energy
When it comes to selecting Heliolisk's fast move, you always want to use Volt Switch. Of the fast moves you can go with, it has the highest energy gain of all. However, it does the least damage. While it deals the least damage, it's not too much, which makes the energy gained much more useful for Heliolisk so that she can use his charged moves.
For charged moves, we highly recommend using knot of grass and lightning. While Parabolic has received a buff from its previous attack, it's still not as good as lightning. The damage and energy requirement per lightning bolt makes it too tempting to ignore, and Grass Knot is a second viable option for dealing Grass-type damage to opponents. Both grass knot and lightning bolt are exactly the same attacks, outside of their typing difference.
The best moveset to give Heliolisk in Pokémon Go is the fast-moving volt switch and the grass knot and lightning charged moves.