The Fortnite 2.98 update patch notes have arrived, with the new Fortnite update arriving today, December 21st, on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch. So what's in this brand new Epic Games update? Here are all the details.
What do the Fortnite 2.98 update patch notes contain today?
The new Fortnite update brings fixes to all console versions of the game. After last week's substantial 15.10 game update, Epic has used this new update to make some under-the-hood fixes for gamers, optimizing the game on consoles.
Fortnite update December 21 patch notes
The patch notes are as follows:
- Version 2.98: general stability and bug fixes.
While not a complete list, there are a number of issues listed by Epic Games that may have potentially been fixed as part of this update. On the developer's to-do list are the following:
- Fortnite Crew Xbox Issues - Content not received or removed from account
- PS5 resolution at 1080p output instead of 4K on some displays
- Long loading screen after completing a PlayStation / Xbox session
- It is not possible to create system-wide parties between PS5 and PS4 when playing Fortnite
- Difficulty editing the banner with a controller
- The banner icon does not update correctly
- Sound effect audio delay
- PlayStation fulfillment error message
- Michonne Outfit's visual problem with the blings on the back of the garment
Epic Games hasn't released the official patch notes for this particular update, so don't expect any big changes this time around. Instead, the developer has probably made some small improvements to help its stability and fix some problems with the battle royale game.
Fortnite has received some big changes in the past few weeks, with leaks suggesting even more are coming. A new Captain Marvel skin has been spotted in the wild, along with fellow superhero Green Arrow.