Friendship level is a rather important trait in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Brilliant Pearl. You can improve your friendship level with your Pokémon and it will help them perform better in battle, which is good news.
If you're trying to figure out what your Pokémon's friendship level actually is, this guide will show you how. First, you'll need to get a Pokétch app. Once you get it, you will need to talk to the Aroma Lady in Eterna City who will give you the Friendship Checker for the Pokétch. Open the app and you will be able to see all the Pokémon in the party. Click and hold on one of them and you will see hearts indicating their friendship level.
One heart means a normal friendship level and two hearts means a high friendship level. If you want help improving the friendship level, you can use an item called Soothe Bell to do this. If you wish, you can also visit Aroma Lady, Dr. Footstep on Route 213 or Beauty in Hearthome City to check your Pokémon's friendship level for yourself.
How to get the Pokétch
Getting the Pokétch takes some work and is a multi-step process. It's definitely worth it in the long run.
- Go to the training school in Jubilife City. You can find it next to the Pokemon Center. Talk to your rival there, then give him the package your mother gave you. This will give you the city map.
- Go to the city center and you will find the owner of the Pokétch company. He will ask you to bring him three coupons. You will need to talk to some clowns that can be found around town and answer questions for them.
- When you have all three coupons, go back to the owner of the Pokétch and give them to him.
All the positions and questions of the Clowns
Now is the time to track down all of the Jubilife City clowns.
- First Clown - Next to Pokemart - "A Pokémon grows by defeating the others and earning XP. Points?" - Answers - Yes
- According to Clown - Go west of the Pokemart and you will find it in front of a building - "Just like Pokémon, do Pokémon moves also have types?" - Answer - Yes
- Third Clown - at the Jubilife TV building - "Can a Pokémon hold an object?" - Yup