Eevee is one of the cutest Pokémon in the series and is returning Pokémon Sword and Shield. You can catch them along Route 4, along with Pikachu, but they're a little hard to follow, so you might want to spend some time there if you want one. However, you may be spending a lot of time there because you want the multiple evolutions that Eevee can transform into in the game.
Eevee has eight different evolutions; all are of different types. Now, you can achieve any of these evolutions when it reaches level 20, but there are specific things you need to do for the correct one.
- To evolve into the Fire-type Flareon, you need a Fire Stone
- To evolve into the Vaperon water type, you need the water stone
- To evolve into the electric-type Jolton, you need a Thunder Stone
- To evolve into Grass-type Leafeon, you need a Leaf Stone
- To evolve into the Ice-type Glaceon, you need an Ice Stone
- To evolve into the psychic type Espeon, you need to make sure it has over 220 happiness and level up during the day
- To evolve into the dark type Umbreon, you need to make sure it has over 220 happiness and level up overnight
- To evolve into the Fairy-type Sylveon, you need to make sure you have two heart levels with your Eevee. Must have a Fairy-type move and level up during the day
If you get a low-level Eevee from Route 4, she naturally learns Doll's Eyes at level 15, which is a Fairy-type move. For those of you who want to acquire an Umbreon or Espeon, make sure he doesn't know about this move. You may end up with a Sylveon when you are trying to level your Eevee in an Espeon.
You can check Eevee's happiness towards you by visiting Hammerlocke's Happiness Check. When you enter the city from the Wild Area, it is the building immediately on your left. Talk to the boy and he will ask you to see how much your Pokémon like you.
Evolution types that require a stone type are a little easier because if your Eevee holds this stone, it is guaranteed to become this type. There is no time of day attached to it.
To collect all eight evolutions, eight different Eevees are required. You can choose to keep two with great stats and breed them, or you can grind them on Route 4.
It is important to note that you cannot evolve the Eevee that you receive as a mystery gift for playing Pokémon Let's Go Eevee. It cannot evolve in any of the transformations, however it has six perfect IVs.