The Buddy Adventure system is now on Pokémon GO, allowing you to go on an adventure with your friend, have them on the world map with you, and level them up. Leveling up your friend is easy to do and will offer you all kinds of exciting perks and features.
There are four different levels of friends that can be your friends, each with a new perk:
- Good friend: Your friend can join you on your map. You will also see how your friend feels on the friend profile page.
- Big friend: Your friend could help you in Pokémon encounters, making it easier for you to catch Pokémon. He can also bring you items that can help you on your Pokémon GO journey.
- Ultra Buddy: Your friend will help you explore the world around you by introducing you to interesting places nearby! Your friend will also bring you Souvenirs, which you can track on the friends profile page.
- Best friend: Become the best friend and your friend will show off a best friend ribbon to show everyone how close you are! Pokémon that you are best friends with can gain CP boost in combat as long as they are still assigned as friendly Pokémon.
To turn your regular friend into a good friend, you need to feed him berries. From then on, to raise your friend's level, you need to earn affection. Affection is measured in hearts and can be seen on the new friends profile page. Hearts can be acquired in the following ways:
- Explore the map with your friend
- Struggling with them
- Play with them in AR + mode
- Feed them
- Take pictures of your friend
- Walking with your friend