This year Pokémon Go Holiday Event will formally begin in your area when it expires at 12 noon on December 00th. When that happens, the event kicks off and you anticipate that you will have plenty to do with your Pokémon this year, along with the Buddy Adventure which started at the end of last week.
Field research and awards
Despite the holidays, the Professor still needs your help to complete a handful of homework. You will have until January 1st at 23:59 pm to complete them, so you should have a little over a week.
- Catch five Delibird e Snover – Ricompensa: Beanie Pikachu Encounter
- Catch five Ice-type Pokémon - Reward: Snover's Encounter
- Catch 10 Ice-type Pokémon - Reward: 1.000 Stardust
- Take five snapshots of Ice-type Pokémon - Reward: Cubchoo Encounter
Benefits of the festive event
While you will receive a list of activities from the professor, everyone should have access to a variety of perks during the event. They are all date based, so if you are looking for something in particular, make sure you have your dates aligned and plan your time in Pokémon GO accordingly.
- December 24-25: doubled catch and transfer Candy
- December 26-27: Doubling catches Stardust
- December 28-29: XP capture doubling
- From December 30th to January 1st: egg brood distance halved
When you are out to complete these tasks and receive these useful perks, you also have a better chance of running into Ice-type Pokémon. Additionally, you may find yourself encountering holiday-based Pokémon.
- Special stantlers with bells wrapped around the neck
- Pichu has a holiday cap on his head
- Pikachu has a vacation cap on his head
- Raichu has a holiday cap on his head
All of these are available in their brilliant form. Additionally, Snover and Abomasnow now have a Shiny shape in the game, which changes their arms from green to blue.