Genesect will return to Pokémon Go for a limited time in five-star raids. However, from January 15th to 24th, you will have the opportunity to capture a Genesect (Shock Drive), slightly different from the traditional one. The Genesect you capture this time will have a Shock Drive, which changes the Techno Blast move into an Electric-type attack. Given the new move, what is the best move set for Genesect (Shock Drive) in Pokémon Go?
Genesect (Shock Drive) is a Bug and Steel type Pokémon. Despite having a Shock Drive, it doesn't change typing. Genesect (Shock Drive) is only weak to Fire-type moves and is resistant to Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Grass, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, and Steel-type attacks. Therefore, you just have to worry about a Steel-type fighter.
These are all the moves Genesect (Shock Drive) can learn.
- Fury Cutter (Bug type) - 2 damage and 4 energy per turn (2 damage per turn) - 1 turn
- Metal claw (Steel type) - 5 damage and 3 energy per turn (2,5 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Magnet Bomb (Steel type) - 70 damage and 45 energy
- Techno Blast (electric type) - 120 damage and 55 energy
- X-Scissor (Bug type) - 45 damage and 35 energy
- Discharge Cannon (Electric Type) - 150 damage and 80 energy (100% chance to reduce user damage by one rank)
When choosing Genesect's fast move, you always want to use the fury cutter. While it doesn't deal as much damage as the metal claw, it does provide an additional energy point. This gives Genesect more opportunities to use its charged moves faster in combat.
Next, the best moves to use for Genesect will be x-scissor and techno blast. While the electric type version of the techno blast is not the best, the electric type version is very much second to the water type version that the Genesect (Douse) version has. So, if you missed Genesect with the water-type techno blast, we highly recommend getting the electric-type version on Genesect (Shock Drive). The second charged move, x-scissor, is a solid attack that is an ideal choice for drawing an enemy's shields during PvP battles.
The best moveset for Genesect (Shock Drive) is the fast move fury cutter and the techno blast and x-scissor charged moves.