There are a variety of Pokémon useful for almost any battle you encounter in Pokémon Go. For those looking for a Fighting-type Pokémon to use when battling a member of Team Rocket, in a raid, or to use against other trainers, you should consider Machamp, one of the best Fighting-type Pokémon available. Here's what you need to know to give Machamp the best moveset in Pokémon Go.
Machamp is a Fighting-type Pokémon. It is weak to Fairy-type, Flying, and Psychic-type moves, but is resistant to Bug-type, Dark, and Rock-type attacks. Despite not having the highest CP in the game, it is an incredible Fighting-type Pokémon and many trainers have likely seen another player use them in the Battle League, the game's PvP mode.
Here are all the moves Machamp can learn.
- Bullet Punch (Steel type) - 6 damage, 3.5 energy per turn (3 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Tackle (Fighting type) - 8 damage, 3,5 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Karate Strike (Fighting type) - 5 damage, 3,5 energy per turn (2,5 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Close Combat (Fighting type) - 100 damage and 45 energy (has a 100% modification to lower the user's defenses by two degrees)
- Cross Chop (Fighting type) - 50 damage and 35 energy
- Dynamic Punch (Fighting type): 90 damage and 50 energy
- Heavy Slam (Steel-type): 70 damage and 50 energy
- Revenge (dark type) - 110 damage and 60 energy
- Return (normal type) - 130 damage and 70 energy
- Landslide (Rock type) - 75 damage and 45 energy
- Stone Edge (Rock-type) - 100 damage and 55 energy
- Submission (Fighting type) - 60 damage and 50 energy
Machamp has various loaded move choices to choose from, but its best fast move option is pretty obvious. You want to go with the counter, hands off. It does the most damage of all options and provides the same energy. All of Machamp's potential options provide the same energy, so it all depends on the type of damage he can deal, which is just as important. The counter offers the greatest benefits.
For loaded moves, you have a few other options. But we can eliminate many of them immediately. You can narrow your choices to the cross chop and rock slide collection. Cross chop is a powerful Fighting-type move that is a very fast charged move that doesn't require too much energy, allowing Machamp to use his high attack power to deal heavy damage with it. The landslide is equally low-energy, making the attack a solid addition to Machamp's kit in any battle.
The best move set to teach Machamp is the fast move counter, and the loaded moves go through chop and rock slide.