When it comes to choosing the moves for your Mega Pokémon, you need to focus on the standard version in Pokémon Go. However, the moves you use on your standard Pokémon carry over to Mega Evolution, so make sure you have a suitable standard Aerodactyl before evolving it into Mega Aerodactyl. This guide will cover the best moveset for Mega Aerodactyl in Pokémon Go.
Mega Aerodactyl is a Flying and Rock-type Pokémon, similar to its standard form. It will be weak against Electric, Ice, Rock, Steel, and Water-type moves, but is resistant to Bug, Fire, Flying, Ground, Normal, and Poison-type attacks. You won't be able to use Mega Aerodactyl against other players, but you can use it to increase your rewards while playing Pokémon Go, and you can use it in raid battles.
These are all the moves Mega Aerodactyl can learn.
- Bite (dark type) - 4 damage and 2 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 1 turn
- Rock Throw (Rock type) - 8 damage and 2,5 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Steel Wing (Steel-type) - 7 damage and 2,5 energy per turn (3,5 damage per turn - 2 turns)
- Anicent Power (Rock-type) - 45 damage and 45 energy (10% chance to increase user's attack and defense by two degrees)
- Earth Power (Earth-type) - 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent's defense by one degree)
- Hyper Beam (Normal type) - 150 damage and 80 energy
- Iron Head (Steel Type): 70 damage and 50 energy
- Landslide (Rock type) - 75 damage and 45 energy
When it comes to selecting your Mega Aerodactyl's fast move, we highly recommend throwing rocks. It's a Rock-type attack that does additional damage because Mega Aerodactyl is Rock-type, but it also provides the most energy while dealing the most damage during a fight.
We recommend the power of rock and earth for your charged moves on Mega Aerodactyl. These attacks can be used quite frequently due to the low energy they need and do a great deal of damage. Earth Power is seen as one of the best Earth-type charged moves players can use in the game, especially considering the low power it needs.
Make sure you place all of these attacks on a standard Aerodactyl. You can't have a Mega Aerodactyl in your collection, but you can have an Aerodactyl that evolves into one for a short time.
The best moveset to teach Mega Aerodactyl is fast moving rock throwing and charged movement rock throwing.