The Power Plant event for Pokémon Go has a second part, with Team Rocket coming out of the shadows to cause more trouble for Professor Willow and her team. They are equipped with several new Shadow Pokémon, giving you the ability to make new encounters and rescue these enslaved Pokémon. There are also new field research activities behind the second part of an event. In this guide, we cover all the activities and rewards of Power Plant - Team Go Rocket Strike Field Research in Pokémon Go.
You can receive any of these field research activities by turning a PokéStop or Gym watch face you discover in the world. You can only carry three at a time. The event officially ends on February 1st, giving you so much time to collect as many field research activities as you can and earn their rewards.
All Power Plant - Team Go Rocket Strike Field Research Tasks and Rewards
These are all event-exclusive field research activities that you might grab before they disappear.
- Catch 5 Electric-type Pokémon: Encounter with Elericke, Joltik, or Helioptile
- Catch 5 Pokémon: 5 Super Potions, 2 Hyper Potions or a Revive
- Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Grunts: Ekans, Skorupi or Croagunk
- Make 3 Curveball throws: encounter with Magenmite or Voltorb
- Take 2 snapshots of a wild Electric-type Pokémon: 25 Ampharos or 25 Manectric mega candies
- 1 Km walk - Meeting with Elioptile
- Walk 2 Km - Encounter Trubbish or Alola Grimer, or a mysterious component
- Walk 4 Km - Emolga meeting
There are only a handful of additional field research activities, the Defeat 2 Team Go Rocket Recruits and Catch 5 Pokémon activities. The others remain the same as the previous Power Plant event, so if you've already caught a lot of them, things shouldn't look too different.