When it comes to making sure your Pokémon are strong in Pokémon Go, not only do stats matter, it's important to make sure they have the best attacks at their disposal. Avalugg is a Pokémon that has great stats and an excellent move set. But you want to make sure you choose the correct bindings to optimize it. In this guide, we'll cover the best moveset Avalugg can use in Pokémon Go.
Avalugg is an Ice-type Pokémon. It will be weak against Fighting, Fire, Rock and Steel-type moves, but is resistant to Ice-type attacks. Avalugg's biggest weakness is the number of weaknesses he has, which means you'll need to be careful how you deploy him and use him against other trainers.
These are all the moves Avalugg can learn.
- Bite (dark type) - 4 damage and 2 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 1 turn
- Ice Fang (Ice type) - 8 damage and 2,5 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Avalanche (Ice-type) - 90 damage and 45 energy
- Body Slam (normal type) - 60 damage and 35 energy
- Crunch (Dark type) - 70 damage and 45 energy (30% chance to lower an opponent's defense by one rank)
- Earthquake (Terrain type) - 120 damage and 65 energy
- Mirror Veil (Psychic type) - 60 damage and 55 energy
When you select a quick move for Avalugg, you want to use the Ice Fang. Not only does it have the same damage potential as the bite, but it comes with even more energy, giving Avalugg access to his charged moves much more often. This will be crucial for most of your battles against other players.
It will be difficult to select the best set of loaded moves for Avalugg. However, our favorite combination will be avalanche and body slam. These attacks are powerful, low-energy moves that will be exceptionally powerful in Ultra and Master leagues. It is advantageous for Avalugg to use Avalanche against Dragon-types. While some players may want to replace body crash with earthquake, the high-powered charge move can quickly take down an opponent. It is up to most players to experience this, but we highly recommend the avalanche and body crash combo.
The best move set to teach Avalugg in Pokémon Go is the fast-moving ice fang and body-slam and avalanche charged moves.