With so many Pokémon to choose from in Pokémon Go, it can be difficult to keep them in front of everyone and figure out which ones you want to use in battle. For those who wish to use Claydol, we have some tips in this regard. For example, you don't want to use this Pokémon in any of the PvP categories because there are better options. But it might be a viable option for you to use this Pokémon in smaller raids and PvE battles. In this guide, we will detail the best moveset to teach Claydol in Pokémon Go so that it can be the strongest version for you.
Claydol is a Ground and Psychic type Pokémon. It will be weak against Bug, Dark, Ghost, Grass, Ice, and Water-type moves, but is resistant to Electric, Fighting, Poison, Psychic, and Rock-type attacks. Unfortunately, these make it difficult to compete in any of the PvP categories due to its many weaknesses.
These are all the moves Claydol can learn in Pokémon Go.
- Confusion (Psychic type) - 16 damage and 3 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 4 turns
- Extra Sensory (Psychic-type) - 8 damage and 3,3 energy per turn (2,6 damage per turn) - 3 turns
- Mud Slap (Earth-type) - 11 damage and 2,6 energy per turn (3,6 damage per turn) - 3 turns
- Earthquake (Earth type) - 120 damage and 65 energy
- Earth Power (Earth-type) - 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent's defense by one degree)
- Gyro Ball (Steel type) - 80 damage and 60 energy
- Ice Beam (Ice type) - 90 damage and 55 energy
- Psychic (Psychic-type) - 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower an opponent's defense by one rank)
- Shadow Ball (Ghost type) - 100 damage and 55 energy
When it comes to choosing the quick move, we highly recommend getting confused. While it is the attack that takes the most turns, it also does the most damage. The extrasensory provides most of the energy, however, which is typically what you want to do when it comes to a quick move, but Claydol is better off messing around.
There are several charged moves that Claydol can learn and many of them are very low energy. You'll find it a little overwhelming to know the best option to choose, but there are a handful of options that stand out from the rest. The power of the Earth is a formidable attack. It only takes 55 energy, but also deals 90 damage and has a 10% chance to lower an opponent's defense by one rank. Makes him slightly better than the ice ray and psychic. However, Psychic has a STAB, as well as earth power, but earth power is still on top. But that makes it a suitable second choice. Shadow Ball is also a reasonable second-mover loaded option, but Claydol's STAB modifier for the psychic is excellent, making it better than Shadow Ball.
Since Claydol is not the best for PvP, we recommend that you keep it for PvE battles and raids. It has a maximum CP of 2.229, an attack of 140, a defense of 229, and a stamina of 155. You won't use it in five-star raids, but it might be a good choice for a three-star battle.
The best set of moves to teach Claydol is the confusion of fast moves and moves loaded with earth and psychic power.