Cobalion is one of the three Legendary Pokémon in Swords of Justice and you can catch it in Pokémon Go. You will have to defeat it in a five-star raid battle. As you start using him in other battles, you will want to make sure you teach him the best attacks. This is the best move set Cobalion has to learn in Pokémon Go.
Cobalion is a Fighting and Steel type Pokémon. It is weak against Fighting, Fire, and Ground-type moves, but is resistant to Bug, Poison, Rock, Dark, Dragon, Grass, Ice, Normal, and Steel-type moves. It has a variety of resistances that make it difficult to fight in almost any form of battle.
These are all the moves Cobalion can learn.
- Metal Claw (Steel type) - 5 damage and 3 energy per turn (2,5 damage per turn)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic-type) - 8 damage and 2 energy per turn (2,6 damage per turn)
- Close Combat (Fighting type) - 100 damage and 45 energy (100% chance to lower user's defense by two degrees)
- Iron Head (Steel Type): 70 damage and 50 energy
- Sacred Sword (Fighting type) - 60 damage and 35 energy
- Stone Edge (Rock-type) - 100 damage and 55 energy
When it comes to the quick move, you want to go with the metal claw over the zen headboard. While the metal claw doesn't hurt as much as the zen warhead, it gives Cobalion an extra pile of energy, meaning he can use his charged moves much more often in battles. These are the strongest attacks he can use, making him a much more difficult opponent.
For charged moves, make sure Cobalion knows its signature move, the Holy Sword. It is a powerful Fighting-type Pokémon that doesn't require too much energy to be used in combat. For the second charged move, you want to go with the stone edge. It's a strong Rock-type move that takes 20 more energy than the holy sword, but does nearly double the damage.
The best moveset to teach Cobalion is the fast moving metal claw and the moves loaded with holy sword and stone wire.