Garchomp is an excellent Pokémon to add to your collection in Pokémon Go. It is a strong choice and can withstand many attacks during a battle. You mainly want to use Garchomp in Ultra and Master leagues. But you want to make sure you teach him the best moves at his disposal. In this guide, we cover the best moveset to teach Garchomp in Pokémon Go.
Garchomp is a Dragon and Ground type Pokémon. It will be weak against Dragon, Fairy, and Ice-type moves, but is resistant to Electric, Fire, Poison, and Rock-type attacks. Due to its higher CP value, you only want to use it in the Master League. If he were to compete in the Ultra League, his performance would be significantly lower due to his stat limit, but it is possible.
Here are all the moves Garchomp can learn.
- Tail of Dragon (Dragon type) - 13 damage and 3 energy (4,3 damage per turn) - 3 turns
- Mudstrike (ground type) - 3 damage and 4.5 energy (1.5 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Earthquake (Terrain type) - 120 damage and 65 energy
- Earth Power (Earth-type) - 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower opponent's defense by one degree)
- Fire Blast (Fire type) - 140 damage and 80 energy
- Outrage (Dragon-type) - 110 damage and 60 energy
- Sand Tomb (Earth type) - 25 damage and 40 energy (100% chance to lower opponent's defenses by one degree)
When it comes to choosing Garchomp's quick move, you have two tough options at your disposal. Mudstrike is a solid Earth-type move with a huge amount of energy, but Dragon's Tail is an equally good Dragon-type move, but it lacks the large energy boost that Mudstrike provides. We recommend shooting mud on the dragon's tail, but some players swear by the dragon's tail for Garchomp. It depends on you and how you decide to use your Garchomp.
Next, you need to select Garchomp's loaded moves. Of all the options available, we strongly recommend that you choose the indignation and power of the earth. Earth Power is a strong Earth-type move that deals a large amount of damage against an opponent, with the ability to lower their defenses. The other choice, outrage, is a Dragon-type move that can deal more damage than Earth's power, but costs a lot more energy. Having both of these on your Garchomp is the ideal setup. However, some players have created a Garchomp that uses the sand tomb and recommend this choice.
The best move set to teach Garchomp in Pokémon Go is the fast moving mud blast, followed by the moves loaded with power and indignation. However, you can also choose to go with a Garchomp that has a fast-moving dragon tail, or you can trade the indignation for a sand grave.