For the Ultra Unlock Part 3: Sword and Shield event in Pokémon Go, players will capture Zacian in his Hero form of many battles during the first part of the event from August 20-26. If you wish to add this Pokémon to your collection, you will need to act quickly and coordinate with other trainers in your area. Once you've caught this Pokémon, what's the best move set you can teach it in Pokémon Go?
Zacian is a Fairy-type Pokémon. It will be weak against Poison and Steel-type moves, but will be resistant to Bug, Dark, Dragon, and Fighting-type Pokémon. While most Fairy-types might stumble a bit, Zacian will find himself quite useful in the Master League alongside his other super-charged Legendary Pokémon options.
These are all the moves Zacian can learn.
- Fire Fang (Fire type) - 8 damage and 2,5 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Metal claw (Steel type) - 5 damage and 3 energy per turn (2,5 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Quick Attack (Normal Type) - 5 damage and 3,5 energy per turn (2,5 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Growl (Dark type) - 5 damage and 4,3 energy per turn (1,6 damage per turn) - 3 turns
- Close Combat (Fighting type) - 100 damage and 45 energy (100% chance to reduce user's defense by 2 degrees)
- Iron Head (Steel Type): 70 damage and 50 energy
- Play Hard (Fairy Type) - 90 damage and 60 energy
- Wild Charge (electric type) - 100 damage and 45 energy (100% chanec to lower user defense by 2 degrees)
You have several options for both categories of Zacian's moves. However, when it comes to choosing his quick move, you'll want to go with growl. Due to all attacks, the growl provides the most energy per turn, and while it deals the least amount of damage, the full jump at 4,3 energy per turn allows it to use its low-energy charged moves for deal the most damage during a battle.
For loaded moves, you have equally difficult choices for Zacian to make. If you want to deal the most damage against most fighters in the Master League with Zacian, we recommend using close combat and wild charge. Close combat is a great choice because it can counteract Steel-type Pokémon that appear before Zacian, giving him an advantage against all of his weaknesses. The wild charge is equally powerful, with both attacks being the same move, but having the effect of lowering Zacian's defense by two degrees after using it.
The best move set to teach Zacian will be the quick move snarl and melee charged and wild charge moves.