The Master League in Pokémon Go pits the best trainers against each other as they use their strongest Pokémon to challenge each other and prove who is the best. The Master League features some of the toughest competitions that can be difficult for many players who have not reached the top managerial level. Most of the players in this competition will be using the strongest Legendary Pokémon, and any regular Pokémon they are using will be powered by XL candy. For the Master League, there are no restrictions, you can use as many Pokémon as you want and they can be at any PC level. These competitions will be held from June 28 to July 12. We've also listed a tier list for the best Pokémon in the Master League.
These are some of the best Pokémon teams that we highly recommend using in the Master League.
The best Pokémon teams for the Master League
Dialga, Gengar e Dragonite
Now is the time to use it for those who could acquire a Dialga while it was available in five-star raids. It is one of the best Pokémon to use in the Master League and you should use it as your primary primary Pokémon. For a Switch, we'll recommend Gengar, which can do serious damage to many of Dialga's more intimidating counters, and then Dragonite to keep the line as your closest Pokémon.
- Dialga: Dragon's Breath (Quick Move), Iron Head, and Meteor Drake
- Gengar: Shadow claw (mossa veloce), Shadow Ball e Shadow Punch
- Dragonite: Dragon's Breath (Fast Move), Dragon's Claw, and Hurricane
Palkia, Mamoswine and Metagross
Palkia will be available in five-star raids while part of this Master League competition is available. If you can catch a useful one, we highly recommend using it as your main Pokémon. Similar to Dialga, it is a powerful Pokémon for this competition. When considering a Switch Pokémon, we highly recommend Mamoswine and its amazing Ice-type attacks. To top it all off, you can have Metagross keep the line as a Closer.
- Palkia: dragon tail (fast move), aquatic tail, and meteor draco
- Mamoswine: powdery snow (fast moving), avalanche and bulldoze
- Metagross: bullet fist (fast moving), meteor crash and earthquake
Lugia, Togekiss and Conkeldurr
One more notable Legendary Pokémon that you can expect to see many trainers use in the Master League is Lugia. It is a fearsome Pokémon capable of being one of the best bulky, pressure-shielded Pokémon in this competition. As a backup, we will recommend Togekiss, the Dragon-type hunter, ready to take on almost any heavy hitters in these fights. For one last Pokémon Closer, you should use Conkeldurr, a Fighting-type Pokémon with incredible movement speed and dominant pressure on shields.
- Lugia: Dragon Tail (fast move), air strike and aeroblast
- Togekiss: Charm (fast move), ancient power and flamethrower
- Conkeldurr: Counter (fast move), dynamic punch and stone edge
Excadrill, Kyogre e Garchomp
If you prefer to use a spicier Lead Pokémon, Excadrill may be faster. He doesn't have the best defense, but his offense and moves are strong enough to make him a reliable option. Additionally, you can enter Kyogre as a switch to make your opponent guess during the fight and have Garchomp complete your team as the third final pick.
- Excadrill: mud blast (fast moving), drilling and landslide
- Kyogre: Waterfall (fast moving), surf and blizzard
- Garchomp: Mudstrike (fast moving), outrage and power of the earth
Snorlax (Shadow), Gardevoir (Shadow) and Landorus (Therian)
The last team we will recommend you to try includes Snorlax, the shadow version, in the main role. Snorlax already has a lot of defense and stamina to spare, which makes the shadow version very powerful. If you're worried about any Fighting-types that might appear, Gardevoir, like another shadow version, would be the ideal Switch Pokémon to counter them. For the latest Pokémon, we will recommend Landorus in its Therian form, one of the most powerful Ground-type Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
- Snorlax (Shadow): Lick (fast move), slam and superpower
- Gardevoir (Shadow): Charm (fast movement), synchronization and shadow ball
- Landorus (Therian): Mudstrike (fast moving), superpower, and sharp stone