Following the success of the first Pokémon Go Tour event celebrating Kanto, the game launches another for Generation II games that took place in Johto. The event is live on February 26, 2022, between 9am and 00pm local time. While you'll automatically have access to some Johto Pokémon, you'll need to purchase the ticket for $ 21 to get a chance at all of the event's celebrations. Here's what you get by purchasing the Pokémon Go Tour: Johto Ticket.
After purchasing the Pokémon GO Tour: Johto Ticket, you are ready to go when the event starts on February 26th. If you purchase by January 10, you will have access to the special timed heritage research season for both January and February. If you buy between then and February 10, you will only get the February time search. Completing either line will give you a masterpiece search line, which should be difficult to complete. Completing the Special Research during the event will allow you to encounter a Celebi who knows a special move.
As a nod to the major Pokémon games that have multiple versions each generation, you can choose between the Gold or Silver version of the ticket, which will be done as the event approaches. Once a choice has been made, it cannot be changed later. If you are a ticket holder, you will have access to Pokémon that debuted in Pokémon Gold and Silver via wild, research, eggs or raids. Each version will have some exclusive Pokémon and shiny Johto Pokémon that will appear more frequently. If you have a friend who is also buying one ticket, be sure to buy the other one to exchange the following exclusives with each other.
- Gold exclusives - Spinarak, Gligar, Teddiursa and Mantine
- Ability to increase Gold Shiny Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Spinarak, Igglybuff, Natu, Hoppip, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Gligar, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Swinub, Mantine, and Ho-Oh
- Esclusivi Silver: Ledyba, Delibird, Skarmory e Phanpy
- Increased Chances of Silver Shiny Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Ledyba, Cleffa, Sudowoodo, Hoppip, Yanma, Pineco, Delibird, Skarmory, Houndour, Phanpy, Miltank, Larvitar, and Lugia
While the Shiny Pokémon mentioned above appear at a faster speed, all Johto Pokémon will have Shiny forms, including Unown. In addition, nine collection challenges will be active. You will need to do some trading with the other version of the ticket to complete them all.
Other benefits when buying a ticket:
- Some Pokémon will be attracted to Incense depending on your version
- A pack of three Remote Raid Passes will be available for free in the shop
- Eggs will take a quarter shorter to hatch than normal
- Hatching eggs reward twice as much candy
- Catching Johto's Pokémon will give you more candy
- Earn up to nine Raid Tickets by spinning Pokémon Gyms
- An exclusive in-game medal and stickers
- A surprise from Snapshots
Finally, as the main event takes place on Saturday February 26, the next day will celebrate the fact that the Gold and Silver games allowed you to go to Kanto after defeating the Elite Four. Kanto Pokémon will appear quickly, but unfortunately this day will only be available in certain cities. This event will have no bearing on the day before.