Altaria is an amazing Pokémon that you can use in the Pokémon Go Battle League and we highly recommend it. Not only do their stats make them powerful, but the attacks they have at their disposal make them a great option. But you want to make sure you teach them the correct moves. In this guide, we cover the best moveset to teach Altaria in Pokémon Go.
Altaria is a Dragon and Flying type Pokémon. It will be weak against Dragon, Fairy, Ice, and Rock-type moves, but is resistant to Bug, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ground, and Water-type attacks. Due to its lower CP, we highly recommend using this Pokémon in the Great League, but players have been known to use it in the Ultra League, especially if you can give it XL candy.
These are all the moves Altaria can learn.
- Dragon Breath (Dragon type) - 4 damage and 3 energy per turn (4 damage per turn) - 1 turn
- Beak (flying type) - 6 damage and 2,5 energy per turn (3 damage per turn) - 2 turns
- Dazzling Glow (Fairy type) - 110 damage and 70 energy
- Dragon Pulse (Dragon type) - 90 (108) damage and 60 energy
- Moonblast (Fairy-type) - 110 damage and 60 energy (10% chance to reduce an opponent's attack by one rank)
- Sky Attack (flywheel type) – 75 dani and 45 energy
Altaria doesn't have many quick moves, but between the two choices, you want to go with dragon's breath. It's a strong Dragon-type move that Altaria can use quite often and offers a decent amount of energy for its charged moves.
Charged moves are where Altaria really shines and becomes a dangerous fighter. Among the options available to you, we recommend using Sky Attack and Moonblast. Moonblast is a great Fairy-type move to use against other Dragon-type Pokémon, and it's also good against Dark and Fighting-types. The Sky attack is another good choice, being mainly used against Bug, Fighting, and Grass-types.
The best set of moves to teach Altaria in Pokémon Go is the dragon's fast breathing, followed by the attack of the sky and the explosion of the moon.