The end of the year has arrived in Pokémon Go and, to celebrate the last months of 2021, you will have the opportunity to participate in the Holiday Cup 2021 competition. In it, you will have to use a Pokémon of type Grass, Ghost, Electric, Flying, Ice or Normal and cannot exceed 1.500 CP. If your Pokémon meet these requirements, you can use them in this competition. These are some of the best Pokémon teams you can use for the 2021 Holiday Cup in Pokémon Go.
The best Pokémon teams for the 2021 Holiday Cup
Charizard, Lapras and Altar
A solid team you want to consider using has Charizard as their Lead. Charizard is a powerful Pokémon, being both Fire and Flying type. For backup, you want to keep Lapras as the Switch to trade with any type of fire you may encounter. However, if an Electric-type shows up, Altaria can deal severe damage to him.
- Charizard: spinning fire (fast move), burned blast and dragon's claw
- Lapras: Ice Shard (fast moving), surf and skull strike
- Altaria: Dragon's Breath (fast move), Moonburst, and Sky Attack
Trevenant, Vigoroth and Regice
Next, you may want to team up with Trevenant, a newer Pokémon that's tough enough in the Great and Ultra leagues. By extension, it is a suitable choice for a Pokémon Lead in the Holiday Cup 2021 event. Finally, for support, we recommend that you have Vigoroth in the Switch role and use Regice as the Closer.
- Trevenant: Shadow claw (fast moving), seed bomb, shadow ball
- Vigoroth: Counterattack (quick move), body slam and bulldoze
- Regice: Snap (fast moving), blizzard, and explosive fire
Marowak in Alola, Dewgong e Graveler in Alola
The main Pokémon of this team will be Marowak of Alola, a bulky fighter capable of spamming his attacks and draining the opponent's shields. To support this, you want to have Dewgong as the Switch and then Alolan Graveler as the final Pokémon.
- Alolan Marowak: Pinwheel of Fire (fast move), Bone Club, and Shadow Bone
- Dewgong: Shard of ice (fast moving), freezing wind, and pulsating water
- Alolan Graveler: Volt switch (quick move), stone edge and rock blast
Talonflame, Lanturn and Diggersby
When you have Talonflame, we highly recommend it as the main Pokémon on a team. It is capable of doing a lot of damage and withstanding a lot of it on its own. However, for backup, you want to use Lanturn and then have Diggersby as the closest Pokémon.
- Talonflame: Incinerate (fast moving), brave bird and charged with flame
- Lanturn: Spark (fast moving), hydraulic pump and lightning bolt
- Diggersby: Mudstrike (fast move), fire fist, and earthquake
Ninetales of Alola, Pachirisu and Sableye
The last team has Alolan Ninetales as Lead, capable of doing heavy damage against most opponents in the 2021 Holiday Cup Championship. We recommend having Pachirisu as the Switch role and then Sableye for the Closer to support him.
- Alolan Ninetales: Charm (quick move), psyshock and meteorological ball (Ice-type)
- Panchirisu: Volt switch (quick move), lightning bolt and thunder fist
- Sableye: Shadow claw (quick move), foul play and back