CoD: Modern Warfare and its standalone battle royale mode, CoD: Warzone, can both fall victim to a number of glitches and errors. One of the most annoying problems that can strike on PC, PS4 and Xbox One is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code Diver. This problem solves when a download fails, although thankfully, there are some simple troubleshooting steps you can take. Stay with us as we guide you through them and aim to get you back on your feet ASAP.
Fixed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code Diver
Whether you are downloading Modern Warfare, Warzone or a game update for both titles, you may encounter the annoying "DIVER" error code provided by an in-game message. It will inform you that the download failed and ask you to try again, but it is likely that it will not work without first taking some steps to correct the problem.
ALSO: How to stop Call of Duty: Warzone hackers
Modern Warfare and Warzone error code Diver fix
- Exit the game completely.
- Reset your internet router.
- After waiting enough time for the full reboot, launch the game.
- This should fix the problem, but if not, quit the game again.
- Connect your console or PC to another Wi-Fi network (where possible).
- Connect your console or PC to a mobile data hotspot.
- Note: Be aware of any charges this may incur.
- Start the game with the new connection.
After performing the above steps, you need to have provided a stable connection for the download to complete. Feel free to go back to the initial network settings once you're done, then go back to playing CoD: MW and / or Warzone as usual.
If you are still struggling with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code Diver after completing each step, consider contacting Activision Support.