Raiden shogun will debut shortly in Genshin impact as a playable character thanks to the new banner Reign of Serenity. Getting a five-star character requires a lot of luck, as well as a large amount of Intertwined Fates, so before wasting Primogems you might like to learn more about the fighting style and the most efficient sets for the character.
Raiden Shogun is the incarnation of Baal, the Archon who represents the Electro element who watches over Inazuma, also known as God of Eternity. It is an extremely important character in the narrative arc of the Inazuma archipelago. His appearance is very reminiscent of Raiden Mei, one of the most famous characters of Honkai Impact, another successful title from miHoYo. In this Genshin Impact guide we will explain everything you need to know about the Reign of Serenity banner, the best skills and builds for Raiden Shogun.
The Reign of Serenity banner: how to get Raiden Shogun
The only way currently to get Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact is with the banner Reign of Serenity, which will be available from September 1st (immediately after the release of update 2.1) until September 21st. Being an event banner, you will have to use the Interwined Fates to express the "wishes", which you can get above all with your hard-earned Primogems in the Shop> Paimon's Bargain section.
Raiden Shogun isn't the only character available with the banner. In fact, there will be several 5-star rarity characters and many 4-star rarities, including the other new entry of Reign of Serenity, Kujou Sara. Fortunately, the chances of getting Raiden Shogun, as well as Kujou Sara, Surcrose and Xiangling (the other characters featured in the banner), will be greater for the duration of the event.
That said, if Raiden Shogun is your target, it's good to know the gacha mechanics by Genshin Impact. The first time you get a 5-star character from the event banner, there is a 50% chance this is Raiden Shogun. Otherwise, the chances will rise to 100% with the next 5-star reward.
The odds of get an item of the highest rarity they are only 0,6% for each "wish", but luckily Genshin Impact has a mechanic designed not to make it too tedious to obtain characters, called "pity". Specifically, if you don't receive a five-star item within 89 attempts, the 100th will have a XNUMX% chance of being a reward of the highest rarity. This hidden counter obviously resets after obtaining a five-star character or weapon.
So if you are unlucky and fail to win even a 5-star character with wishes, with the 50th attempt you will have a 100% chance of getting Raiden Shogun. In the worst case, then you will get 180% the character with no more than XNUMX attempts. There are undoubtedly many, but it is also true that this is the most catastrophic scenario possible.
Active and passive talents
As you may have guessed, getting a 5-star character isn't exactly that easy and could potentially require numerous Interwined Fates. Therefore, it is good to consider Raiden Shogun's abilities before making an investment that you may regret.
Raiden Shogun uses polearms and Electro-type elemental attacks. With the Elemental Burst he draws a sword from his body with which he then raises enemy lines with area attacks. In general, her abilities are pretty strong, at least on paper, which makes her great both as the DPS principal of the team who as sub-DPS.
Here is an overview of the fighting talents di Raiden Shogun:
- Origin: Raiden Shogun's standard attack. Performs up to five consecutive spear attacks. Charged attack consumes stamina to execute a powerful forward slash. Finally, the attack from above deals area damage on impact, much like all other characters.
- Elemental Skill - Trascendence: Baleful Omen: When this ability is activated, Raiden Shogun deals Electro damage to all nearby opponents and activates the Eye of the Stormy Judgment effect. When a party member has this buff (recognizable by the purple eye symbol above your characters' heads) and damages an opponent, the "eye" will perform a coordinated attack that deals Electro AoE (area) damage. In addition, the buff increases the damage of Elemental Bursts in proportion to the Energy Cost.
- Elemental Burst --Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu: Raiden Shogun draws a sword from his body, with which he executes quick swipes that inflict Electro-type AoE damage. In this state, called "Musou Isshin", for a short time all normal, charged, and top attacks are infused with the Electro element and the damage dealt is treated as Elemental Burst damage. The power of blows during this state is determined by the amount of Desiderata Resolve Chakra accumulated. When a party member uses his Elemental Burst, Raiden Shogun gains units of this buff in proportion to the move's Energy Cost. A maximum of 60 stacks of Desired Resolve Chakra can be accumulated.
Here are the bonuses given by passive talents di Raiden Shogun:
- Wishes Unnumbered: When a party member gains Elemental Orbs, Raiden Shogun gains 2 stacks of Chakra Desiderata Resolve. The effect only activates once every three seconds.
- Enlighted One: Each percentage point over 100% of the Energy Recharge grants a 0,6% bonus to energy recovery during Musou Isshin and 0,4% to Electro element damage.
- All-Preserver: Reduces the Mora cost for upgrading (Ascension) swords and polearms by 50%.
NB: all information and data above may vary upon character launch. We will update the article accordingly if necessary.
The best builds for Raiden Shogun
Le better builds for Raiden Shogun they should accentuate her offensive characteristics, making her the main DPS or sub-DPS of your team. To highlight her abilities, we advise you to join her characters of the element Cryo, Anemo and Hydro to trigger powerful elemental combos. In this sense, good options are Eula and Kazuha, but if you don't have these 5-star characters, a "budget" team with Xingqiu, Barbara and the Anemo version of the Traveler is also fine. Furthermore, it would seem that Kujou Sara (the other character introduced by the Reign of Serenity banner) also has some good characteristics to complement those of Raiden Shogun, but to know for sure we will have to wait for update 2.1. Also it might be a good idea to create a team that can load Elemental Bursts quickly, in order to power up Raiden Shogun's Musou Shinsetsu.
The best weapon to use with Raiden Shogun is undoubtedly theEngulfin Lightning, a 5-star rarity polearm that will be introduced in the Epitome Invocation banner with update 2.1. At Refinement Rank 1, increases Attack by 28% Energy Recharge, with a maximum bonus of 80%. Additionally, the user gains 30% Energy Recharge for 12 seconds after using the Elemental Burst. However, getting both a character and a 5-star weapon is really difficult if you play "free-to-play". Fortunately, there is no shortage of four-star alternatives. For example, you could fall back on "The Catch" (a free weapon of the new update) or on the Favonius Lance that generates elemental particles with critical hits.
As for the Artifacts, the set Emblem of Severed Fate introduced in version 2.0 and obtainable in the Momiji-Dyed Court dungeon. With two pieces it increases the Energy Recharge by 20%, while with four it grants a bonus of up to 75% to the damage of the Elemental Burst. Alternatively, you can fall back on two pieces Thundering Fury (+ 15% to Electro damage) and Noblesse Oblige (+ 20% to damage from Elemental Burst).
That said, things could change with the actual release of Raiden Shogun. If so, we will update the article as necessary.